2022-2023 Flu Season
Flu Vaccine will be given by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call to check availability.
We anticipate to start giving Flu Shots on Sept. 15. This is subject to change depending on flu shipments.
Yearly Influenza immunizations are given starting late September through the end of Flu Season. Influenza immunizations can be billed to most private insurance, Medicare, and we also offer little to no cost to those that qualify.
Outside Clinics offered:
Drive Thru Flu- Tuesday, October 4th from 9:30 to 5:30 located at the Ste. Genevieve Firehouse!
Influenza Vaccines Available:
*All our Flu Vaccine is Preservative Free
Flulaval/Flularix– A Quadrivalent (four- component) flu vaccine is designed to protect against four different flu viruses; two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses. It’s licensed for age 6 months and up. For any baby/child getting their first flu shot it is recommended to get 2 shots, 1 month apart.
Fluzone High-Dose– A Quadrivalent (four-component) designed to protect against 2 influenza A viruses and 2 influenza B virus. It is licensed specifically for people 65 years and older. It contains four times the antigen (the part of the vaccine that helps your body build up protection against flu viruses) of standard-dose inactivated influenza vaccines. The higher dose of antigen in the vaccine is intended to give a better immune response, and therefore, better protection against flu.
Flublok Quadrivalent is a Quadrivalent (four-component) recombinant influenza vaccine that has been licensed by the FDA for use in adults 18 years and older. Flublock is an egg-free vaccine and has a higher dose of antigen then a regular dose, but not as much as the High Dose vaccine.
Flucelvax Quadrivalent is the only cell-based inactivated flu vaccine that has been licensed by the FDA for use in the United States. All four flu viruses used in the Flucelvax Quadrivalent are cell-derived, making the vaccine egg-free. Flucelvax Quadrivalent is licensed for use in people 6 months and older.
SCHOOL FLU PROGRAM: (online registration will be available once our clinics are set)
2022 will be the 10th year the Ste. Genevieve County Health Department will provide free flu vaccine school age children in all of the county schools. Permission slips are available and must be submitted prior to the scheduled school clinics. There is an online enrollment. Steps for completing the online enrollment are being sent home with your child and also available on schools website. The steps are also listed below:
- The website to enroll in the school flu vaccination clinic is www.schoolcares.com
- Your enrollment code to enter is: MO43019
- Select your school from the list. This will need to be done for each child if you are enrolling multiple children.
- You can now enter your insurance information online instead of having to submit a copy of your card. If you have no insurance or if your insurance does not cover the flu vaccine you will not be charged.
- When you are done completing the form, you will click the “Finish & Submit” and the form will be sent to the Health Department.
- If you have questions or problems with the online enrollment please give the Health Department a call at (573)883-7411